Thursday, May 28, 2009

Through the eyes of a toddler - Healing.

'Train a child in the way they should go and he/she will not depart from it'. WORD!

As a rule, when someone is hurt or unwell in the family, we would first of all pray and then rest or take whatever medication is necessary until the virus/ailment disappears.

Consequently, if my son (Tio) sees me squinting or grimacing, he would ask " Mum, are you okay?" No matter my response, his first response is to pray. Usually one-liners like 'Father God, let my mum's pain go away, amen.' He will then come back repeatedly to ask if whatever ails me is gone and then he tap dances when I eventually say yes.

Recently, his little sister(Sunshine) had a cut on her finger. It was no big deal but you know, being kids from my loins, there was a lot of drama. Tio, went over to Sunshine and prayed his customary one-liner.

The next day, Sunshine says to Tio. 'my pain is still here.' Tio replies, 'oh, I forgot to tell you, God will take the pain away when we pray, it's just that it takes a loooooooooong time.'

My toddler had learnt something so many of us never learn; sometimes it takes a while but it will come. Wait!

1 comment:

  1. A message I definitely needed to hear right now. Lol. You have a wise son.

    ReplyDelete