Monday, February 20, 2012

Starting Over

A few days ago, I published a post I wrote in November 2010 that I may live and love for long in an uncommon way. When I wrote it, I had every intention of living up to it. However, the reality is that the next year was tougher and by November 2011, I had not only forgotten that goal, I had exhausted myself trying to be more than enough to too many people all at once.

I discovered that I am not useful empty. I am breakable. I am responsible for my well being. I do not have to internalise. There are good people out there who care enough to listen and help me up when I fall. Common sense stuff you would think but it took almost destroying the best relationships in my life to realise these things.

Today, I am starting over in a sense and to track my progress, I will blog randomly about lessons I am learning as I rebuild relationships. I will be honest, incoherent, high and low but most of all, I will be me.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reflections with us Ayo! I believe that we as a people start over many times in life, for me it matters very little how many times we have to start over, what matters is that we step out and faith and do it! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete