Monday, February 20, 2012

Would you love me back to you?









Unlike the squirrel in the snow
I'm trying to find my way home

Seeking warmth
Longing for safety

I'm not trying to be cute
I'm just trying to make it through

Being lost in the flakes
I hate the fact that I'm alone

Fluffy flakes, falling fast
My footprints, covered in white
Would you find me if I cry?

Unlike the squirrel in the snow
I'm not built to survive this cold

Needing heat
Longing for fire

I'm not trying to be bold
I'm just running from the cold

Being here in the frost
I'll hate to end a frozen soul

Fighting furious flurries; failing
My heartbeat, drums out a question
Would you love me back to you?

4 comments:

  1. "Unlike the squirrel in the snow
    I'm not built to survive this cold

    Needing heat
    Longing for fire"

    This melted my heart...I'm so in love with this poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...it's easy for one to relate with the squirrel, being between a rock and a hard place.

    ReplyDelete