Friday, February 6, 2009

Corresponding Actions (C.A)

Have you ever met a pregnant woman who is suprised when she delivers a baby? Or a farmer who is suprised that his crops grow? Do you know any baker who adds yeast to a dough and then marvels that it rises? Or anyone flip a switch on and then exclaim when light comes on?

Unless in circumstances where there is something already faulty or it's a first experience, the answer would be 'no'. Why? Corresponding actions!

In life, there are corresponding actions to things, expectations and beliefs. If we hear good news, the C.A would be to rejoice, likewise if we hear sad news the C.A will be that we also feel sad. We expect the C.A of becoming full when we have eaten and that our thirst is quenched when we drink.

In all the time I have been aware of C.A and how real it is in our daily living, when it comes to our faith it seems to me that it does become almost inexistent. Take prayer for example. I personally believe that when we pray, if we are really expecting our prayers to be answered, we would show corresponding actions to that prayer. I think that there is an element of doubt (for lack of a better word) which prevents us from demonstrating 100% C.A where we believe our faith is concerned.

It's the reason, I was suprised only last week when something pleasant and prayed for happpened to me. Indeed, I believed every word I had prayed and I expected the answer daily yet when I did hear the news I was suprised almost as if I was not truly expecting it and it brought C.A back to my mind. Can you recall a time when you have been just like me?

There should be corresponding actions to our faith as there is for everyday things. I could hazard guesses as to why we lack C.As but I think it is different for every individual and my aim with this post is simply to serve as a reminder that if we believe something truly, we act.
Corresponding actions to faith is possible and powerful.

2 comments: