Saturday, February 14, 2009

It worked like magic!

There I was multitasking as usual, writing a blog post, watching some TV show and sending instant messages to some friends. It occured to me to ask what these friends had in mind for Valentine's day and two of the guys came up with nothing since they were somewhat low on cash.

I then suggested a simple low cost idea which they took on board and I have since heard that "it worked like magic". My suggestion was that they should write several meaningful notes to their spouses and hide them in different places in the house for her to find.

Women generally love to read love notes (ours and other's) besides, hunting for the notes can be thrilling as well as amusing so it's a win win situation. Of course, the flowers chocolate, cake and dining out are also great but showing someone we care really does not have to cost a penny.

As I said to one of the guys later, we women are really little girls at heart especially with the man we love. So the little things count a lot and we can be just as giddy over a hand written note as we can a diamond ring.

Really, in every relationship it would be nice if we remembered this more often and do the little things that count instead of waiting for grand gestures.

Happy Valentine's Day people and just incase you also did nothing because of cash flow reasons, it's never too late to write those notes it really does work like magic.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I would love to read little meaningful notes from hubby :)

    Hope you had a lovely Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U know funny enough i did the exact same thing to my girl and she more heads over heels, i put one of the notes on my blog, u can check it out......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to use your suggestion for my hubby's bday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...if only we remembered that. Or perhaps if only we could do BOTH.LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe...I dont know romance and what I will like. But, I was BELIVING and was planing my valentine 2010. hehehe

    ReplyDelete