Sunday, January 4, 2009

Giving back to the Giver

As I thought of what specific thing to be thankful for this week, this hymn popped back into my head as it has done every now and then since I first heard it. If you ever heard of a small blue book called ‘Songs of Praise’ (SOP) then you more than likely know the Hymn. It is number 444 in SOP.

It makes me pause and think about things I otherwise take for granted. I take a moment and think of a small creature, usually an ant and then of a big creature, an Elephant. I think about how they were made by God and marvel.

So today, I give back to Him who lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters and walks on the wings of wind, He who laid the foundations of the earth and makes the clouds His chariot, my gratitude for creation, His numerous wonderful works and hymns that help us remember to be thankful.

Enjoy:

1 comment:

  1. mmm...what more can we give to Him but praise? As the yorubas say, 'praise is His food'

    ReplyDelete