Sunday, January 11, 2009

Giving back to the Giver

Bread, Banana, Chocolate, Chips, Eggs, Fish, Fried plantain, Grilled Chicken, Jollof Rice, Pistachio nuts, Sloppy Joe and Yoghurt are only a few of the different things I have eaten this week.

I also tried out a new restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the meal there. Obviously, I enjoy eating but more than that, this week, I am giving back my gratitude to my Maker for the different kind of food that exsist; their flavour, aroma, texture, taste and the nourishment they bring to our bodies. I am thankful that food is available and affordable to us and that we can eat.

This transports me right back to the 80's when I first learnt the lyrics of this short song that says it best:

"Some have food but can not eat, some can eat but have no food; we have food and we can eat, glory be to God on high."

No comments:

Post a Comment