Friday, January 2, 2009

One fun thing you can do this weekend @ no cost.

We can get so caught up in life that we forget to take a break from our routine activities even when it is obvious we need one. Other times when we do remember there are not many fun things we can do that do not involve spending. Well here’s one, do nothing!

What can be more fun than doing absolutely nothing? Well by nothing I mean nothing on your ‘to do’ list. Playing hookey has always been a fun thing to do hasn’t it? It is the reason people continue to skip classes in school and pull sickies at work.

So one day this weekend, how about you abandon the list and play hookey! Do any one of these things whilst you are at it:

• Stay in your pyjamas
• Don’t answer phone calls
• Eat directly from the pot
• Jump in a puddle
• Scribble with a stick on the sand.
• Have a hot-cold shower


Some of these you relished doing as children. Well, I suggest you reconnect with that child still in you. It really doesn’t matter which of these you choose to do or not do just as long as you have fun. You will feel better for it.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I do 1, 2, 3 often, but I'm not sure what jumping in a puddle would do for my social standing so I think I'll pass on that one.

    Fun...we all need such a big dose of it don't we?

    ReplyDelete