Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gratitude

My euphoria about the historic event we witnessed last Tuesday has not completely waned. It is probably the same for you and I doubt there is anyone who was not touched one way or another by that making of history. It's such a rarely thing and all I can do is give thanks to Him who thanks is due.

So today, I thank God for history that has been made, for people who never give up until they fulfill their destinies and for a brighter tomorrow.

I could not find either songs I wanted to share so I'll post part of the lyrics.

Mark Altrogge's Destiny:

I have a destiny I know I shall fulfil
I have a destiny in that city on a hill
I have a destiny and it's not an empty wish
For I know I was born for such a time as this


Donnie McClurkin's Yes We Can (no, it wasn't just recently released)

You gotta make this land a better land
In the world in which we live
We gotta help each man and each woman be better
By the kindness that we give
I know we can make it,
I know real well We can make it,
yes we can, can...

No comments:

Post a Comment